jeudi 21 juillet 2016

Replacing the 510 in an RX200... Fairly easy actually.

Ok, so I had an issue with my RX not working at all with one of my favorite tanks, and found that it was due to a shoddy 510 in the mod. Also I found that the spring in the 510 wouldnt allow the pin to conpress far enough for some tanks and RDA's to thread all the way in, and when they were screwed in all the way they were sitting a few degrees off center. Not a lot, but seeing space under one side of the tank/RDA was annoying the hell out of OCD me. So what could I do... Well replace it with a 22mm Fat Daddy Vapes 510 of course!

Here are pics of how I went about it. Mind you these were taken the day after I did the initial install so the FDV 510 is already in it...

Step one, gather the required tools... Your gonna need a small philips (Size PH0), and a small torx (size t4). Also a small flat head, tweezers, soldering iron, possibly needle nose pliers and something to hold the darn body in. I have a small machinists vise that is the perfect size.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Dont mind the fact that my BFT is still on it, the nut on my FDV came loose so I cant unscrew it just yet... But before you start, remove the damn tank...

Start unscrewing the screws in the battery tray. they are all philips head. the center two under the red dots are pan heads, the three under the yellow dots are tapered heads. Not sure if that makes a differance, but I thought it best to note and put together the same way. Under the blue dot is a foam plug. pull it out with your tweezers and there is a gold screw that attached the ground strap to the board. When yo remove the 4 bottom screws the front cover will come off... Dont loose the buttons!! Here is a shot of the two screw types... Cap on left.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

There is a small torx screw in the top and the bottom, remove both.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Now it would seem the battery tray is loose... But its not. You have to desolder or cut the positive wire from the bottom of the batt tray from the side of the board. I like how they did the board, instead of a through hole, they slotted the board. grab the wire with your tweezers or pliers and gently pull sideways as you heat the solder and it will slide right out.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Replacing the 510 in an RX200... Fairly easy actually.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Popular Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Followers

Fourni par Blogger.